FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A taxi driver is a professional driver who has a clean driver’s license, has passed a background check, and is, if necessary, licensed by the state or city he or she works in to operate a taxi cab. Some taxi drivers are self-employed and own their vehicle, while others are assigned one from a company’s fleet.
While a ride-share service, often allows just about anyone to become a driver. These are often entry level or part-time jobs.
In many cases, taxi drivers (or hacks) must obtain a chauffeur license or a license with passenger endorsement.
The average person who drives for a ride-share service, an individual providing transportation with their personal car, does not.
Both Lyft & Uber requires all of their drivers to have car insurance, and provides supplemental insurance coverage, but only while their app is on. Here’s how it works: When the Uber app is off, a driver is covered by their own personal car insurance. When the Uber app is turned on, a low level of liability insurance (usually the state minimum) becomes active.
Should your Uber/Lyft driver have an accident and you are injured, your claim could be denied if their policy is for personal not commercial liability.
Secondarily, we provide airport transportation to/from Detroit Metro, Chicago O’Hare & Midway and the Kalamazoo/Portage/Battle Creek Area. We may also be able to provide ground transportation at other locations, such as Traverse City, Flint, South Bend, and Columbus, upon request. Call us at 616.780.1562 for details and a rate quote.
Hourly rental is the best option if:
- You need a car for more than 3 hours
- You need to make multiple stops
- You are not certain what time you will need a second or third pick up
- You would like to keep a driver and car for the entire business/corporate charter
Point-to-Point transfer is best option if:
- You need a one way transfer from point A to Point B
- You need round trip service between point A and point B and know the exact pick up time for both points
Call us at 616.780.1562 for details and a rate quote.
- Reservations & Cancellations (less than 24 hours): MUST CALL: 616.780.1562
- Cancellation Fee (less than 24 hours): $35.00
- Cancellation Fee (less than 4 hours): Full Fare less gratuity
- Early / Late Premium (before 7:00am or after 10:00pm): 10% of fare surcharge
- Wait Time (in between stops or during event): $60.00/hr billed in 10 minute increments